Tim Fonseca, Executive Pastry Chef at the Four Seasons Hotel in Boston, presents this amazing Warm Chocolate Cake recipe.
Warm Chocolate Cake Recipe.
Yield: 12 individual servings
Warm Chocolate Cake – Ingredients.
- 2 cups chopped semi-sweet chocolate.
- 3 sticks unsalted butter.
- pinch salt.
- 1 tbs. dark rum or vanilla extract.
- 1 ½ cup confectionery sugar.
- 1 ¼ cup cake flour.
- 8 large eggs.
- 6 egg yolks.
Warm Chocolate Cake – Steps.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray dish.
- Melt the butter. Then melt the chocolate and combine.
- Pour the rum or vanilla into the melted chocolate and butter mixture.
- In a mixing bowl, sift and combine the flour and confectionery sugar.
- Combine eggs and egg yolks together. Slowly pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients. Not the chocolate and butter. Whisk continuously, creaming eggs slowly to avoid lumps. Combine until smooth.
- Slowly add the melted chocolate and butter mixture until combined smoothly.
- Divide evenly into dishes.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Baking time will vary depending on type of oven but keep in mind this Warm Chocolate Cake should have a soft or even liquid center).
- Let cool just enough that you can un-mold or just serve in the dish, either way the Warm Chocolate Cake should remain warm when served.
Warm Chocolate Cake – comments from Dean Romano, food blogger.
We bet you thought this Warm Chocolate Cake recipe was going to be difficult? Say yes, because we know that’s exactly what you were thinking. Oh and no doubt you thought this was going to break the bank as well. Right? No way. Not only are you going to look like a culinary genius, you’re going to save about $50 to $75 dollars versus buying this Warm Chocolate Cake at a fancy or not so fancy Patisserie. In fact, if you’re frugal, you can make this delicious Warm Chocolate Cake for about .75 cents per serving. HUH? did we say seventy-five cents? No, we were not mumbling. This is incredibly delicious and incredibly easy. Try this Warm Chocolate Cake recipe and technique a couple of times and your guests will think Julia Child and Jacques Pepin stopped by to help out. This Warm Chocolate Cake recipe is also great with fruits, berries, and ice cream. Try it and enjoy.
And for the health conscious, here’s an idea that’s as easy as this Warm Chocolate Cake recipe. It adds not only flavor but essential anti-oxidants to the dish. Not all things delicious are bad for you. Slice up a quart of strawberries into a bowl. Then drizzle about a half cup of fresh squeezed orange juice and two limes on top. Then add a pint of fresh blueberries and a splash of Gran Manier. Keep this in your refrigerator for eating any time you need a snack. As you’re making or serving this Warm Chocolate Cake recipe top it with a couple of big scoops of this berry mix. And go easy because this stuff is as addictive as cigarettes BUT good for you. When you add in the protective anti-oxidant properties of the Cocoa you’ll understand why Julia Child made it to age 92 even though she ate rich food regularly. It’s “The French Paradox” of eating natural, unprocessed, good for you ingredients. That’s difficult for most Americans to wrap their head around.
The Pastry Channel features great recipes and desserts, like this Warm Chocolate Cake Recipe, by Tim Fonseca and friends. Tim is the Executive Pastry Chef at the Four Seasons Hotel in Boston. At The Pastry Channel, Tim demonstrates how to make exquisite pastry and sweet delights in your own kitchen. Tim Fonseca has appeared on TV and in major newspapers, magazines and books and consistently creates some of the best award-winning desserts on the planet.